A frontiersman on a fur trading expedition in the 1820s fights for survival after being mauled by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team.
Director:
Alejandro G. IñárrituWriters:
Mark L. Smith (screenplay), Alejandro G. Iñárritu (screenplay) | 1 more credit »Stars:
Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Will Poulter | See full cast & crewStoryline
While exploring the uncharted wilderness in 1823, legendary frontiersman Hugh Glass sustains injuries from a brutal bear attack. When his hunting team leaves him for dead, Glass must utilize his survival skills to find a way back home while avoiding natives on their own hunt. Grief-stricken and fueled by vengeance, Glass treks through the wintry terrain to track down John Fitzgerald, the former confidant who betrayed and abandoned him.Written by Jwelch5742
User Reviews
Could it be that you can let one miracle pass but not dozens? Is it because of all those great actors that don't make any difference at all (lots of grunting and mumbling beards)? Or the utter predictability of the story? Maybe I just can't take the never-ending hunger for revenge anymore, a subject Hollywood just keeps revisiting - over and over.
Looks like all it takes to win prizes is some nice visuals, a few good names, professional production. Add a few scenes from American history (maybe some are actually a bit historically correct).
During the movie I could not force myself to stop thinking about the terrible cold and hypothermia and how he makes these fires being fully soaked. There are so many miracles, I cannot just shake those off and believe what happens next.
I feared it would be something like this, gave it the benefit of the doubt, no luck. Still 3 out of 10 - but not for having a good time watching it.
Looks like all it takes to win prizes is some nice visuals, a few good names, professional production. Add a few scenes from American history (maybe some are actually a bit historically correct).
During the movie I could not force myself to stop thinking about the terrible cold and hypothermia and how he makes these fires being fully soaked. There are so many miracles, I cannot just shake those off and believe what happens next.
I feared it would be something like this, gave it the benefit of the doubt, no luck. Still 3 out of 10 - but not for having a good time watching it.

No comments:
Post a Comment